4 Resolutions for 2018

Sunday 7 January 2018
                                                                                                                                                                                             This year I want to set myself some realistic resolutions,
and I'm only picking 4 so it doesn't become overwhelming.
Last year my list of resolutions had been longer, with things that did not get achieved or had been forgotten about halfway through the year. There's always the idea that resolutions are pointless, but I only think that if the goals you set for yourself are practically unreachable as well as being unenjoyable for you.
So here are my realistic resolutions for 2018!


#1: Keeping Control of My Finances and Save Money for the Future
Living as a student in London gets very expensive, especially when studying fashion, from the extra art materials and sketchbooks to fabrics and travel costs, it's so easy to overspend, especially when you've got one eye on the latest happenings in the fashion world, the temptation to buy into the newest trends can be a problem for me 🙊. I  admit sometimes I lose track and then I'm left staring at my bank account thinking where the hell did my money go?!?! 

I have definitely figured out that I NEED to have better control on what I'm spending my money on; so I have decided to buy a notebook and write down all my spendings, savings and balances. I'm going to try to keep all my receipts (its so hard they get lost too easy) so I can physically see where and how much I have spent.

There are some great budget planners out there, here are some I have found:



Alternatively, you could create your own layouts and budget planners on a notebook you already have, here's a great article that shows a variety of layouts you could use:
https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/bullet-journal-budget-trackers-from-instagram-237373 

I also want to put money aside for any plans or expenses I may have to deal with in the future. It may be holidays or investments or even unexpected emergencies, I do think its important to have some funds just in case. The easiest way for me to do this is just to put away 10% of whatever money comes into my bank straight away and putting it into a savings account which is separate from my main accounts. It's also foolproof because I have no way to use that money unless I transfer it into a main account, which means I will have to really think about it before I continue,  therefore no spending it on useless things that I'll regret later (yayy!)

#2: Keep on Blogging
 I've been wanting to start a blog for such a long time and now that I've actually had the courage to start and make it public, I feel like I owe it to myself to keep going with it. The thing is, I'm actually really enjoying having one and documenting my thoughts, its a bit like having a virtual diary! I have so many ideas and things I want to post about, but with university starting up again, I will have to find time to write. I may not be consistent but I am going to try my best to continue blogging!

#3: Take More Photographs
I think this idea is going to be fun because I love looking back at old memories and by taking more photos, it forces you to become aware of your surroundings and appreciating things more. I want to be able to take photographs and that tell certain stories, whether that be an interesting day I've experienced, any travelling, or even project ideas and inspirations.  

#4 Take Up Embroidery as a Hobby
On Instagram, I follow multiple people who create amazing embroidery pieces which are works of art, and it looks so beautiful. The intricacy and details always leave me in awe. I want to give it a go properly, I have tried previously, but failed to complete any of the pieces that I had started. But this year I'm going to try to start and complete as many pieces as I can and document the process and finished products on this blog.   
Here are some very inspiring Instagram accounts that I follow: 

 Jess De Wahls
                                                                      Jess De Wahls
                                             

 Tessa Perlow
                                                                     Tessa Perlow 

 moonrisewhims
                                                                      moonrisewhims     
   

Thank you for reading, I hope everyone has a great year ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Instagram