About Me

Friday 22 December 2017


Hello and welcome to my blog!!

So, my name is Ashmita Bissessur, but my friends call me Ash! :)
As this is my first blog post, it's a great opportunity to introduce myself and tell you all about what I love doing in life. 


I'm a Fashion student studying in London, currently in my second year, and I'm loving it! Along with all the stress and tears of the coursework and garment construction and the creeping deadlines, comes great fulfilment and joy. Because, once  I see my designs and creations come to life, it makes me remember again that this is really what I want to as a career. I really think that's all that matters; doing what you love and whatever makes you feel great.

This is going to sound very cliche....but I knew I wanted to pursue a career in fashion from a very young age. In fact, I  had probably started thinking about it from the time I was in year 6, when the teacher gave us colourful pens and papers, asking us to draw what we would like to become once we grew up. I drew myself as a fashion designer in a studio with her mannequins and rolls and rolls of fabric. But now I'm actually on the path to fulfilling that childhood dream of mine!


Studying fashion has really opened my eyes to the exuberance of visiting art galleries and exhibitions. These experiences influence my design work and I always gain new inspirations when visiting creative spaces. There are so many different places to visit in London, and I would love to share my findings on this blog with all of you! 

I also have to say I'm an absolute foodie and a bibliophile!

I  lovee trying new foods and restaurants as well as going back to my fav places that I adore and trust.  And as for books....well my collection is ever growing, and so is my TBR (to be read) pile! My favourite genre has to be Fantasy, but recently while researching for an essay, I have a new interest in non-fiction books relating to women, and gender studies. 

With this blog, I plan to share my opinions and thoughts on Food, Books, Makeup, Style, Fashion and lots more! Thank you all for reading and stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Instagram